The Tourism Authority is a corporate body set up by the Tourism Authority Act 2006 to license, regulate and supervise activities related to the tourism and hospitality industry in Mauritius.
Applications are invited from qualified candidates for the post of Tourism Enforcement Officers on permanent and pensionable establishment at the Tourism Authority.
AGE LIMIT: Candidates should not have reached their 40th birthday by the closing date for the submission of applications.
Candidates should possess:
A. A diploma in Tourism or Tourism and Hotel Management or Hospitality Management or Environmental Science or Food Safety and Innovation or Civil Engineering or Occupational Safety & Health Management or Quantity Surveying or Architectural Technology or Legal Studies or Management from a recognised institution.
Equivalent qualifications to A acceptable to the Board.
B. Candidates should:
(i) possess good communication and interpersonal skills;
(ii) have a positive attitude towards work;
(iii) have aptitude for inspection and enforcement work; and
(iv) be computer literate
1. Candidates should produce written evidence of knowledge claimed.
2. The onus for the submission of equivalence of applications (if applicable) from the relevant authorities rests on the candidates.
SALARY: Selected candidates will be appointed in a temporary capacity in the first instance and will draw a flat salary of Rs 17,675 a month plus salary compensation at approved rate. They will, subject to satisfactory performance, be offered appointment in a substantive capacity. The permanent and pensionable post carries salary in scale Rs 17,675 x 450 – 19,475 x 600 – 20,675 x 750 – 29,675 x 900 – 34,175 x 1200 – 36,575 + salary compensation at the approved rates.
1. To be responsible to the Senior Tourism Enforcement Officer for the application of all laws and regulations relating to tourism activities.
2. To process applications for request and renewal of licences for tourism businesses and enterprises.
3. To assist in the formulation of policies with regard to tourism activities
4. To inspect all tourism and tourism-related activities and ensure strict compliance with laws, norms and standards.
5. To assist the Senior Tourism Enforcement Officer in the setting up of standards for operations in the tourism sector.
6. To attend and investigate into complaints against tourism activities.
7. To collect data and prepare reports in connection with tourism activities to be submitted to committees, users and stakeholders.
8. To identify and implement ways and means with a view to streamlining procedures for issue and renewal of licences.
9. To initiate prosecution actions against non-observers of standards, norms and existing rules and laws in the tourism activities.
10. To obtain authorisation of District Magistrates to search doubtful places and seize documents in connection with tourism businesses.
11. To issue notice and notices for fixed penalties in accordance with the Tourism Authority Act and regulations in force and to perform prosecution duties, as and when required.
12. To initiate action against operators not complying with conditions of licence, standards, guidelines and legislation.
13. To assist in the preparation of affidavits, as and when required.
14. To represent the Tourism Authority in Court matters.
15. To audit tourist enterprises to certification MS 165 and ISO standard.
16. To work in close collaboration with Ministries/Departments, local authorities and private sector organisations for the promotion of a harmonious development of the tourism enterprise.
17. To use ICT in the performance of your duties.
18. To perform such other duties directly related to the main duties listed above or related to the delivery of the output and results expected from the Tourism Enforcement
Officer in the roles ascribed to him.
Tourism Enforcement Officers will be required to work outside normal working hours
including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
MODE OF APPLICATION
The application form is available on the website of the Tourism Authority at the: www.tourismauthority.mu. and at the Reception Counter of the Tourism Authority. The duly filled in application form, accompanied by the applicant’s CV, photocopies of certificates, testimonials and a copy of the National Identity Card, should reach the Director, Tourism Authority at the below mentioned address.
Candidates should mention clearly the post applied for on the top left hand corner of the envelope.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATION
Not later than 3.00 p.m. on 10 February, 2016.
(i) Only the best qualified candidates will be called for interview
(ii) Incomplete, inadequate or inaccurate filling of the application form may entail elimination of the applicant.
(iii) The Authority reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.
Level 2, Victoria House
Corner St. Louis & Barracks Streets
Tel: 203-1000 Fax: 213-1738